Friday, July 20, 2007

AJAX CAPTURE DENNIS THE MENACE


Ajax have signed Charlton winger Dennis Rommedahl on a three-year contract for €1million (£675,000).

Rommedahl, who was strongly linked with a move to Michael Laudrup's Getafe, has passed a medical and is now set to join up with his new team-mates at their training camp in Holland.

The Dane previously played for PSV Eindhoven and left the Netherlands for Charlton in 2004, but failed to really make his mark on the English game.

Alan Pardew could now be on the look-out for a wide-man to replace the pacey midfielder before their Championship campaign gets underway.

The Denmark international spoke of his delight at the move and also explained how during his time in England he has become more versatile.

"Ajax suits me perfectly. I hope I also will suit Ajax perfectly. I wanted to return to the Netherlands. I have spent years in the Dutch league and I like the positive way football is played here. Of course that is really Ajax. They always play attacking, offensive and always for prizes.

"After I moved to England I have become more all-round. With Denmark I have played some matches as a right back recently, however I don't think Ajax signed me for that position. "

Rommedahl made 84 appearances during his time at The Valley scoring six goals.

Meanwhile Ajax are looking to further strengthen their side with the signing of 20-year-old Debrecen striker Balazs Dzsudzsak, according to reports in Hungary.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=a20aaf78ab953dd079a148ff83c4aa55