Thursday, December 13, 2007

ANCELOTTI TO BE USURPED?

There are some rumours that AC Milan coach Carlos Ancelotti is in danger of losing his job.

The Rossoneri have struggled for form in Serie A this season and despite winning the Champions League with Milan last May Ancelotti's position is said to be under threat, but he is adamant his only focus is on leading Milan at the Club World Cup in Japan.

"I'm concentrating on this season right now so I'm not distracted by such rumours," he said. "On Thursday, I hope I can proceed as I am right now."

He added: "There was an article in the Italian press about Mourinho, so the club may want Mourinho to be head coach.

"But I have not heard anything from the club that there is an official offer to Mourinho to become coach."

Meanwhile, Milan defender Alessandro Nesta has come out in support of Ancelotti.

"I have been with him many years now and I think I have been able to build up a very good relationship with him," said the World Cup winner.

"It's the same for the other players. He makes us relaxed and confident so all the Milan players want Ancelotti to remain as our coach."The speculation is rife that Jose Mouriniho may take over as successor but Ancelotti says this rumour will act as an inspiration to his supporters.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=a20aaf78ab953dd079a148ff83c4aa55