Tuesday, December 18, 2007

O SULLIVAN MARCHES ON

Ronnie O sullivan has done it again.Former world champion Ronnie O'Sullivan romped to a fourth UK Championship on Sunday with a ruthless 10-2 win over Scotland's Stephen Maguire.

'Rocket' Ronnie won all eight frames in a one-sided opening session to the final held at Telford, central England, before Maguire, the 2004 champion, avoided a whitewash with breaks of 99 and 57 to win two frames in the evening.

But O'Sullivan responded with 126 and then a 94 to complete victory.

It was the Englishman's first ranking title since the Irish Masters in March 2005.

"I played great, I capitalised whenever Stephen broke down on 20 or 30. I got into a rhythm, I scored well and put him in trouble," said O'Sullivan.

"I think I've stumbled on a consistency that I haven't felt for about 14 years."

Maguire said: "After I went 4-0 down I was just trying my hardest to get a frame on the board, because the way it was going and the way I felt, I was thinking about the whitewash.

"So at 8-0 I just tried to come back refreshed and I was relieved to win a frame. I had a couple of chances early on in the match, I could have been 2-2 instead of 4-0 down but I missed two reds to a middle pocket and you don't get second chances against Ronnie."He is the guy who must be on top of the world.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=a20aaf78ab953dd079a148ff83c4aa55