Wednesday, February 20, 2008

YUVRAJ HAD NO FEAR

Batsman Yuvraj Singh insists his place in the India team was never under threat despite a run of failures at the start of the Commonwealth Bank Series.

Yuvraj had made just 37 from first four games in the CB Series but all that changed on Tuesday when the left-hander compiled a vital 76 from 70 balls to help his team reach the victory target of 239 set by Sri Lanka.

Yuvraj combined with skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni to post a partnership of 59 in the middle of the innings and in the end it proved instrumental in India's successful run chase.

Despite his return to form, Yuvraj felt he should have done better.

"I am not very satisfied with the knock," he told The Telegraph. "I should have got a hundred.

"I'm satisfied with the way I was hitting the ball. If Dhoni wasn't there 'til the end we would have lost the game. Dhoni put in more effort than I did."

However, Yuvraj still maintains that his position was never in question because of a few poor performances.

"There was never a question mark over my place in the team. In the last series I had four fifties in five games," he said.

"I had two bad games, and in the third game, I got just one over to bat. So after two games you are trying to put a question mark against my name in the one-day side.

"I know my capabilities. And I know if I keep working towards my game, the results will be there.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=a20aaf78ab953dd079a148ff83c4aa55