Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Coulthard not ready to retire

At the age of 37 Coulthard is the oldest driver on the grid, with this season being his 14th successive year as a Formula One driver.

But despite his longevity in the sport, time is fast running out for Coulthard with many wondering if this year's championship could prove to be his last.

"In theory it should be. We're all different, and I'm quite a realist," Coulthard told Autosport.

"When something has happened, or a decision has been taken or whatever it happens to be, it's not something I dwell on, I just get on with the next thing.

"It's just one of those things. When that moment comes, it's the journey of life. You just move on to the next thing.

"I'm currently a grand prix driver, I have been for many seasons, and I'm sitting here still as a grand prix driver because I still enjoy it, and I get a buzz from it, and clearly I deliver a value enough for the team to commit to me for the last few years.

"There will be a point, naturally, where that's not going to continue and... boo hoo, you know? There are a lot of worse things that can happen to you. You just move on to the next challenge."

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=a20aaf78ab953dd079a148ff83c4aa55