Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ranieri happy with the summer signings

The Denmark midfielder became the Bianconeri's eighth summer signing when he penned a four-year contract on Monday.

Ranieri had hoped to lure Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso to Turin but negotiations between the clubs did not prove fruitful.

The Juve tactician is nevertheless pleased with his close-season acquisitions.

"We are only missing a goalkeeper," said Ranieri.

"I am delighted with the result of the transfer market and I thank the club for giving me a good team."

The Bianconeri, who finished third in Serie A last season, have strengthened their squad with the signings of Brazilian forward Amauri from Palermo and defender Olof Mellberg from Aston Villa.

Juve can now focus on the Champions League preliminary round.

"I have asked two players per position and I have received what I wanted, now we must work and push hard," said Ranieri.

"With the new acquisition (Poulsen), we will have quality in midfield.

"Whoever is not convinced at Poulsen's characteristics, they will have to believe it."

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=a20aaf78ab953dd079a148ff83c4aa55