Monday, January 28, 2008

HAMILTON VERY CONFIDENT OF WINNING TITLE


Without the polarising Fernando Alonso, Lewis Hamilton is confident enough to settle for nothing less than the Formula One title this year.

"I think there are no excuses if I cannot win this year," the 22-year-old British driver said of his aspirations for the new season that kicks off on 16 March at the Australian Grand Prix.

"Last year, the only excuse was that I was a rookie and that it was all new. But this year, I have no doubts. I know I am going to be better prepared. I am already better prepared. And I think we have a better package this year. I do not feel there is any room for error."

Hamilton won four races in his debut season to finish with 109 points, one fewer than eventual champion Kimi Raikkonen.

Despite his aim, Hamilton prefers to remain as a team player rather than McLaren's number one driver.

"I like fairness and I want Heikki Kovalainen (his team-mate) to have the exact same opportunities."

Hamilton also feels encouraged by the support of McLaren, who announced a five-year extension to his current deal earlier this month.

"I feel in the right place," he said.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=a20aaf78ab953dd079a148ff83c4aa55