Thursday, January 24, 2008

SISSOKO TO JUVENTUS?


Momo Sissoko is all set to become an Juventus player if everything goes right in the upcoming week.Liverpool midfielder Mohamed Sissoko could fulfil his dream move to Juventus by the end of this week.

The Serie A outfit hope to acquire the 23-year-old, who was signed by Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez from Valencia in the summer of 2005 for a reported 8million euros.

"It's a matter of a few days," Sissoko told Gazzetta dello Sport. "Three days, a maximum of four, and then everything will be decided. I know there has been some movement but we have to wait."

The Mali international is currently with his national team at the African Nations Cup.

"I confess that wearing the Juventus shirt would be the maximum for me," he said. "I have been a Juve fan since I was a child because when I was young I was fixated with (Zinedine) Zidane. Then, having followed this team, I have become a fan of (Juve captain Alessandro) Del Piero, a great player."

Sissoko would also like to work again under coach Claudio Ranieri, his boss in Spain.

"I've known Ranieri since my time at Valencia," said Sissoko. "I did really well with him."

Sissoko has struggled to keep a regular starting place at Anfield and wants to have more playing time.

"My reason is a very simple one, I am young and I want to play," he said. "In Liverpool, I'm not playing.

"But I will also be grateful to Benitez for what he has given me. But in football, things change."

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=a20aaf78ab953dd079a148ff83c4aa55