Thursday, January 10, 2008

RONALDO TO FLAMENGO?

Rumours going on in Italy are speculating whether star footballer Ronaldo might join Flamengo in this transfer window.AC Milan star Ronaldo has rubbished reports he is set for a return to Brazil.

The 31-year-old, who is under contract with the Rossoneri outfit until the summer, has been linked with a move to Brazilian club Flamengo, but insists he's going nowhere.

"It's true that there is an interest from Flamengo," Ronaldo told Gazzetta dello Sport. "But personally I have never said nor written a word in favour of this happening.

"My wish is to earn myself an prominent place in the Milan team because this is the club I want to play for - the club that have always placed a lot of faith in me."

Ronaldo has struggled with a muscular problem since the summer and has made just one appearance for Milan this season.

But after coming through a friendly against a United Arab Emirates XI in Dubai unscathed, the Brazil striker has declared himself ready for the Rossoneri's next Serie A game - at home to Napoli on Sunday evening.

"After this friendly I can say that I am fine, and that I am at the coach's (Carlo Ancelotti) disposal for when the championship begins again against Napoli," added Ronaldo.

"What matters now is that I feel fine and I want to return to playing."

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=a20aaf78ab953dd079a148ff83c4aa55